WordPress plugins: Migrating to Purgely from Fastly's original plugin
Purgely is an open source WordPress plugin written by Condé Nast that integrates Fastly services into the WordPress platform. We recommend customers use Purgely over Fastly's original WordPress plugin released in 2011, because Purgely takes advantage of newer WordPress and Fastly features, including Fastly’s surrogate key purging. Purgely also takes fewer steps to configure and delivers content to users faster than the original plugin.
Recommended migration path
To migrate from Fastly's WordPress plugin to the Purgely plugin, follow these steps.
- Find your Fastly API key and Service ID in one of the following ways:
- Uninstall Fastly's WordPress plugin from your WordPress instance by following the Uninstalling Plugins instructions.
- Install the Purgely plugin using one of the following the methods:
- GUI installation (recommended). Follow the Automatic Plugin Installation instructions to add it as a new plugin by searching for it in the listed plugins and then clicking Install Now on the plugin's Details screen.
- Command line installation. Install the WordPress command line tool and then run the install command by typing
wp plugin install --activate purgely.
- Manual installation. Follow the Manual Plugin Installation instructions to upload Purgely to your
/wp-content/plugins/directory and then activate it from the Plugins menu in the WordPress interface.
- From the WordPress Plugins menu, click the Settings link in the navigation bar.
Click Purgely. The Purgely settings window appears.
Configure the Purgely plugin by doing the following:
- In the API Key field, type your Fastly API key.
- In the Service ID field, type your Fastly service ID.
Click the Save button.
Back to Top