Setting Surrogate-Key headers based on a URL
Follow these instructions to set Surrogate-Key headers based on a URL:
- Log in to the Fastly web interface and click the Configure link.
- From the service menu, select the appropriate service.
- Click the Edit configuration button and then select Clone active. The service version page appears.
Click the Content tab. The Content page appears.
Click the Create header button. The Create a new header page appears.
Fill out the Create a new header fields as follows:
- From the Type menu, select Cache, and from the Action menu, select Set.
- In the Destination field, type
- In the Source field, type
regsub(req.url, "^/(.*)\.(.*)$", "\1"). This will accept a URL that looks like
/foo.htmland will create the Surrogate-Key
- From the Ignore if set menu, select No.
- In the Priority field, type
- In the Description field, type a human-readable name for the header. This name is displayed in the Fastly web interface.
Click the Create button to create your header.
Click the Activate button to deploy your configuration changes.
Back to Top