Allowing only TLS connections to your site
If you want to only allow TLS on your site, we have you covered. There is a switch built into the "Request Settings" that will allow you to force unencrypted requests over to TLS. It works by returning a 301 Moved Permanently response to any unencrypted request, which redirects to the TLS equivalent. For instance, making a request for http://www.example.com/foo.jpeg would redirect to https://www.example.com/foo.jpeg.
- Log in to the Fastly web interface and click the Configure link.
- From the service menu, select the appropriate service.
- Click the Edit configuration button and then select Clone active. The service version page appears.
- Click the Settings tab. The Settings page appears.
Click the Create request setting button. The Create a new request setting page appears.
Fill out the Create a new request setting fields as follows:
- From the Force TLS menu, select Yes.
- In the Description field, type a human-readable name for the request setting. This name is displayed in the Fastly web interface.
Click the Create button to save your request setting changes.
Click the Activate button to deploy your configuration changes.
Back to Top