Log streaming: OpenStack
Adding OpenStack as a logging endpoint
After Fastly support has enabled the OpenStack endpoint for your account, follow these instructions to add OpenStack as a logging endpoint:
- Review the information in our Setting Up Remote Log Streaming guide.
Click the OpenStack logo. The Create a new OpenStack endpoint page appears.
Fill out the Create a new OpenStack endpoint fields as follows:
- In the Description field, type a human-readable name for the endpoint.
- In the Log format field, optionally type an Apache-style string or VCL variables to use for log formatting. The Apache Common Log format string appears in this field by default. See our guidance on format strings for more information.
- In the Auth URL field, type the URL used for OpenStack authentication (e.g.,
- In the Bucket Name field, type the name of the OpenStack bucket in which to store the logs.
- In the Username field, type your OpenStack username.
- In the Access Key field, type your OpenStack access key.
- In the Period field, type an interval (in seconds) to control how frequently to rotate your log files. This value defaults to
Review the Advanced Options of the Create a new OpenStack endpoint page and decide which of the optional fields to change, if any.
Fill out the Advanced Options of the Create a new OpenStack endpoint page as follows:
- In the Path field, optionally type the path within the bucket to store the files. The path ends with a trailing slash. If this field is left empty, the files will be saved in the bucket's root path.
- In the Gzip Level field, optionally type the level of gzip compression you want applied to the log files. You can specify any whole number from
1(fastest and least compressed) to
9(slowest and most compressed). This value defaults to
Click the Create button to create the new logging endpoint.
Click the Activate button to deploy your configuration changes.
Back to Top